May 7, 2009

The Art Of Doing Nothing (Part 2)

Up to this afternoon, I was planning to go to the gym and do strength training on my back. I even packed my gym bag with deodorant and a fresh pair of underwear, although I would have needed to take a shaker cup and some protein powder, as well.

I had lunch around 2:00 p.m. after playing N for two hours straight (I'm currently trying to get past episode 37). After this, I took what should have been a short nap on my living room sofa.

The key phrase here is "should have been."

Besides getting up once to "take care of business" (i.e. take a piss), I didn't get up again until 7:00 p.m. in order to eat dinner. Now that I'm unemployed, working out on Fridays is an option and I plan to do this tomorrow...if I don't take another "short nap."

For those of you wondering where part one is, it's not here. Kristen Gale, the owner of The Ten Spot and blogger behind Dating Myself, wrote a blog entry where she explained the art:
It’s a little motto I think I made up, that I try to live by when confronted with a situation that can go one of two ways – either escalate or descalate (I made that word up – it’s a verb and means the opposite of escalate).
You could say that I descalated this situation...for five hours.

No comments:

Post a Comment