Apr 23, 2009

Close Calls

I had a close call yesterday evening, but I didn't realize it until I got home.

A shooting occured at the intersection of Jane and Eglinton at about 7:00 p.m. I pass through that intersection everyday on my way home from work, and yesterday was no different - except for the fact that I did so right before the shooting happened. Not that I saw anything strange (other than skid marks leading to Eglinton Flats), but the fact that I could have been part of a crime scene isn't lost on me.

This is not the first close call I've had. When the infamous blackout happened in 2003, I was on my way out of the employment centre at Lawrence Square. Actually, I was taking a pee when the lights flickered (or something like that). Thinking nothing of it, I finished and then headed for the elevator...which, for some reason, was not working. Down the stairs I went.

When I exited the building, it kind of looked like a scene from an Armageddon movie. I still didn't have a clue what was happening, but rest assured that I found out soon enough. The point here is that had I not heeded nature's call, I could have been stuck in an elevator for God knows how long.

No comments:

Post a Comment