Jun 1, 2009

One Flu Over The Cuckoo's Nest

I've been cooped up at home for six days, but it wasn't by choice.

I felt great last Monday (May 25); I took my normal boxing class and had a few nice chats at the gym and on my way home. I was already looking forward to seeing the new Pixar movie, Up, in 3D. I was also looking forward to bowling on Friday night with young adults from my church.

On Tuesday morning, however, everything changed. At first, I just started coughing; no big deal, right? On that same day, however, the aches, headaches, chills and fever followed. This was definitely not a cold.

Since I determined that evening that this was the flu at work, I decided to stay home and recuperate, even if it meant that my plans for the week (including the weekend) would have to be put aside. As a result, I've pretty much been resting in bed for entire days, only taking breaks to do necessary things like eat - and that was when I had a full appetite. I recall one time when I mixed my nightly protein shake and took a very small sip, but at that point, I felt like I was ready to vomit! I quickly washed my shaker and briskly walked straight to bed, only getting up again when I felt okay.

It's almost Tuesday morning as I write this post; I'm feeling much better, thank God. Note to self: get a flu shot this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment